On the way home last Thursday... Mom: Kaya ikaw, Angeli, 'pag mamimili ka ng boyfriend, ang gusto ko yung mayaman. Angeli: *laughs* Ano 'to, Ma? So, basta mayaman, ok na sa'yo? Mom: Oo. At dapat buo yung pamilya. Kapag broken family, no na kaagad. At dapat religious! Angeli: OK. Meron pa? Mom: Hmm... Ah! Dapat MD! Bonus na lang 'pag pogi... Angeli: Checklist ba 'to?! Mom: Oo. Ilan na yun? Doktor, mayaman, religious, buo ang pamilya, kung puwede pogi... Angeli: ... Si Chino 'ata 'yan ah. Mom and Angeli: ... Mom: OO NGA NOH! SI CHINO NGA! *laughs* Angeli: *facepalm*
I’m obviously enjoying sembreak too much. I haven’t posted in days!
Anyhow, it’s been awesome so far. I’ve spent quite some time catching up on my non-academic reading, my own novels, House MD, and well, sleep. LOTS AND LOTS OF SLEEP.
Speaking of non-academic reading, here’s my sembreak reading list (so far). It just so happens that October is the month that a lot of my preferred YA books come out, so yeah… This probably won’t be the final version of the list:
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Powell
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Surgeons Do Not Cry by Ting Tiongco
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Memory of After by Lenore Appelhans
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Just One Year by Gayle Foreman
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Any more book suggestions? :) If I feel like it, I might post reviews of said books here in the blog. Hahaha!
So thankful for this break! Got to make the most out of it!