(i)Spiced Up Summer continues in this chronicle of Day Four of our trip, which particularly dwells upon our adventures in Iloilo, home of the awesome Shari :). Again, pictures are all courtesy of Hardcore Mami (Shari Altamera) and Awesome CoHead (Ithran Kho).
Day Four: Wednesday, April 18, 2012
We had to get up pretty early the next morning since Tito Elias prepared a lengthy list of places we were to visit. Bonggang mala-field trip day ito! We, along with Kuya Angel, Shari’s family driver, went all around and though it was pretty tiring, being out and under the hot sun and all, it was fun to learn about the culture and history of Iloilo and at the same time, bond with friends. Picture taking galore, of course! XD
The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. I’ll try to put as much commentary in the captions as much as possible. :)Garin Farm
There’s this crossroad you soon encounter. Physical vs Spiritual Hunger =)) For the latter….SEAFDEC FishWorld – It’s basically a center of aquaculture education and marine life exploration. All sorts of aquatic animals can be viewed in their tanks and I liked their seashell collection – reminds me of a certain Purple Goddess :)). UP Visayas – S’yempre, binisita namin ang campus ng UP dito sa Visayas! Pero… Miag-ao Church – Here, we met a kindly parishioner by the name of Noel, who shared with us what he knew about the church’s history as well as his photography skills. =)) Puwede, kuya! Puwedeng-puwede!
Our other destinations / stops included:
- San Joaquin Church
- San Joaquin Cemetery
- South Park Grill – had lunch here! XD
- Molo Church
- Lizares Mansion / Angelicum School
- Jaro Cathedral (HARUKAAAA! – Ithran)
- Nelly’s Garden
- West Visayas State University
- Lopez Mansions – Pink?!
- Downtown Iloilo (Iloilo’s very own Binondo)
- Fort San Pedro
- St. Paul’s Iloilo – cool. there’s a SPU here too!
- Dulgies’s – the best cakes I’ve ever tasted in my whole entire life. Their ‘Tres Leches’ remains my Number Three <3 (The Number One and Two slots currently remain unoccupied, just saying :) )
- Altamera Dental Clinic (and Gift Shoppe!) – one of the best in Iloilo, so I hear :> go Tita Dids!
- Breakthrough – another intense dinner! wooooh! everyday antihistamine isn’t bad, is it? XD
Wooh! It was great seeing the wonders of Iloilo as well as learning a bit about culture (o di ba, educational din itong trip na ‘to!)… Yet again, we had to sleep early to wake up early tomorrow… More adventure awaits!
-end of Day Four-